Re: testing techniques to confirm the effectiveness of changes made to s

To: Thomas Graf <tgraf@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: testing techniques to confirm the effectiveness of changes made to sch_gred.c
From: Rahul Hari <rahulhsaxena@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:35:01 +0530
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lartc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, diffserv-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > 1) Since the  process deals with dequeueing, i have to make changes to
> > gred_dequeue only. If t->tab[0] != 0 then  we dequeue the packet
> > otherwise do not dequeue it.
>
> What you describe above is: only dequeue when DP 0 is configured,
> probably not what you want. The only way to prioritize within gred
> the way you want is to modify dequeue() that it iterates through
> sch->q looking for a skb with tcindex==DP0 and use it instead of
> the skb at the queue head.

Thanks for the reply Thomas,
by checking t->tab[0]!=0, the approach I wanted to follow was that "if
I have a packet in the virtual queue with DP 0, then I should not be
dequeuing any packets from the other virtual queues", ie, take no
action at all.

with best regards,
Rahul
--
"The fear you let build up in your mind is worse than the situation