Re: testing techniques to confirm the effectiveness of changes made to s

To: Thomas Graf <tgraf@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: testing techniques to confirm the effectiveness of changes made to sch_gred.c
From: Rahul Hari <rahulhsaxena@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:35:01 +0530
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lartc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, diffserv-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > 1) Since the  process deals with dequeueing, i have to make changes to
> > gred_dequeue only. If t->tab[0] != 0 then  we dequeue the packet
> > otherwise do not dequeue it.
> What you describe above is: only dequeue when DP 0 is configured,
> probably not what you want. The only way to prioritize within gred
> the way you want is to modify dequeue() that it iterates through
> sch->q looking for a skb with tcindex==DP0 and use it instead of
> the skb at the queue head.
Thanks for the reply Thomas,
by checking t->tab[0]!=0, the approach I wanted to follow was that "if
I have a packet in the virtual queue with DP 0, then I should not be
dequeuing any packets from the other virtual queues", ie, take no
action at all.

with best regards,
"The fear you let build up in your mind is worse than the situation
that actually exists"
from "who moved my cheese"
Rahul Hari
Senior Under Grad. Student,