how to control the limited cpu resource for actions of transimiting pack

To: "netdev" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: how to control the limited cpu resource for actions of transimiting packets from different interface?
From: "imperishablealbeit" <imperishablealbeit@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:22:35 -0800
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,everyone,

I meet a problem recently , the situation likes this:

there are two net card in my laptop, one is wired eth0 and the other is
wireless netcard named eth1 . Now I have wroten a script like NAT, that is ,
the packats from eth0 the forward to  eth1, and the packets from eth1 also will
be sent to eth0, so my laptop seems like a AP. What's more, there are two kinds
of packets in the direction from etho to eth1, packet0 and packe1
alternatively. In order to meet the need of special requirement, packet0 must
be sent with precedence over packet1,  so at any time, the packet0 should be
deal with first. How can I deal with it in kernel?

I do not know if I can view the two actions, the one is transmiting packet0
from eth0 to eth1 and the other one is transmiting packet1  in the same
direction, as two processes and schedule them with different priority ? if not
, what I can arrvie at my aim in kernel?
is there any way particular ??

In addition, given that the whole CPU resource is unchangeable, in linux kernel
how it can get balance point among actions such as the two presented above and
'who' can control it, a Daemon or 'someone else'?

I don't know how kernel works clearly and any help will be appreciated:)

thanks !!