Multiple REDs per Queue

To: Thomas Graf <tgraf@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Multiple REDs per Queue
From: Abhishek Gupta <abhishek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:56:49 +0530 (IST)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello
Once again thanks Mr. Graf. I have changed my UDP packet generator to
Linux's pktgen which generates UDP packets at very high speed and also at
constant rate. Things are now working quite well. Thanks for letting me
know about the bmon software. Its a great software and is helping me a
lot in my work. I have something more to ask. The problem goes as follows:
In my project I want to use multiple REDs per queue i.e, in a queue,
various tcps(persistent, non-persistent etc) will be operated
with different RED parameters(min and max threshold, beta, pmax etc)
but operate on same queue length and not on individual queue
lengths(including average queue length). Is it possible with linux's tc
option to have multiple REDs per queue. As far as I could able to
understand, linux tc option provides only one RED per queue.
If it is not possible with tc option, then where I need to make changes in
source code to achieve the forementioned set-up.
Thanks.
abhishek

ABHISHEK GUPTA
E-mail:abhishek_it_bhu@xxxxxxxxxxx