Re: Kernel 2.6 IPV6 Busted

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6 IPV6 Busted
From: Quantum Scientific <Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:29:02 -0600
Helo: PowerMAC
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sunday 27 February 2005 10:10, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 wrote:
> > usagi.snap.split-tool-s20050214.tar.bz2
> > ... however this has no kernel patch within.
> >
> > So I DLed
> > usagi.snap.kit-linux26-s20050214.tar.bz2
> > ... and no kernel patch here either.  Only the kernel and tools.  I would
have
> > to run a USAGI-specific kernel, in order to have proper IPV6 support.  I
must
> > stay with the Debian kernel.
>
> I believe you should cry at debian-ipv6 list.
>
> And, you can find usagi kernel patch in split directory, and
> you can even find (unsupported) daily kernel snapshot (diff).

I have 'cried' to the Debian list, and no response. (except viruses)

And I have looked at every single file in the Split directory, and there are
absolutely no .diff files.  .diff files are how patch files are identified in
*nix, of course.  I thought, maybe I should copy the kernel files into my
kernel tree by hand, for building.  But this doesn't make sense because the
only file under usagi-split/kernel/usagi/net/ipv6 is utils.c .  This is not
an IPV6 stack, nor ip6tables.  I see lots of apps, which likely have the
USAGI improvements, but no kernel stack, patch, ipv6filters, etc.  And no
mention of patching a non-USAGI kernel.  Split 20050214 appears to be
utilities only.

Please show where could I be going wrong?

Carl Cook