An update of the r8169 driver is available for the 2.6.11-rc4 kernel.
- better handling of PHY as found on Acer Aspire 1524WLMi (Richard Dawe);
- fix a bug triggered when the device is brought down then up again;
- avoid a few lost/screaming interrupts;
- closed a race when a change of mtu is issued during network activity;
- fix VLAN on big-endian hosts (is someone using it apart from me ?);
- merge relevant changes from Realtek's 2.2 driver.
If it worked for you before, you should not notice anything.
Patch against 2.6.10-rc4:
The 2.4.x backport will be updated later this week.
As usual, success/regression reports will be welcome.
Thank you for your attention.