Re: Radvd 0.7.3 released

To: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Radvd 0.7.3 released
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:20:25 +0200 (EET)
Cc: radvd-devel-l@xxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:
On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 10:09:41PM +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
Hi,

After 2.5 years of waiting and silent bugfixing, a new radvd
maintenance version is out: 0.7.3. :)

Should we read anything into the version number?

Not much.. old habits maybe, because the earlier versions had low numbers and we didn't start bumping them up enough :)

I've been using radvd in production for a while...  what is left before
version 1.0?  Should I continue to trust it, since it is < 1.0 ?

Folks have been running it in a stable manner for 3-4 years, so it should be close to "1.0 grade".

When an internet-draft (more specific routes & router preferences) becomes RFC and there will be official codepoints, the version number probably gets bumped up a bit more.