ARGH MORE BUGS!!!

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ARGH MORE BUGS!!!
From: Christian Schmid <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:04:08 +0100
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

Another bug hit me today HARD! I have been experiencing with lowering the socket-buffer to see if the behaviour of a slowdown reappears at the same position. Result: With a 128 KB send-buffer, the slowdown appears at around 3000 sockets. With 64 KB, it didnt appear up to 4500 sockets where a small slow-down appeared but I think this was a disk-issue. So its definetly something with TCP-memory.

But now I hit another BUG: After I have managed to create 4500 sockets, 10 minutes later an interesting phenomenon appeared: It locks for 5 seconds every 60 seconds. I first thought this was something in my program but I can do what I want, I wasn't able to fix this. Even a restart of my program didnt help. It even appears with 400 connections. Then I despairedly just restarted the system and: It was gone. So what is THIS?

Sorry if I am a bit angry. I know you are doing a really good job. Maybe I can donate some money somewhere but PLEASE!!!!! help me fix this bugs.... Thank you.

Chris