RE: Intel and TOE in the news

To: <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Leonid Grossman'" <leonid.grossman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Intel and TOE in the news
From: "Leonid Grossman" <leonid.grossman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:02:47 -0800
Cc: "'Andi Kleen'" <ak@xxxxxx>, "'rick jones'" <rick.jones2@xxxxxx>, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Alex Aizman'" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Pretty much. Actually the ASIC separates the headers so the driver doesn't
need to break packets down.
The driver just chains the payload (for several packets from a same-flow
burst) and builds the header for this single oversized frame. Kind of
inversed TSO, but on receive side.
We are going to post an experimental driver code in 2-3 weeks, along with
this "Large Receive Offload" algorithm, for review.

Cheers, Leonid