Re: Options for forcedeth Linux kernel module

To: Michal Schmidt <xschmi00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Options for forcedeth Linux kernel module
From: Andreas Sindermann <sinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:28:31 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Andreas Sindermann <sinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, c-d.hailfinger.kernel.2004@xxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Michal Schmidt writes:
 > Andreas Sindermann wrote:
 > > On http://www.hailfinger.org/carldani/linux/patches/forcedeth/ I can't
 > > find any information how to explicity set options for 100 Mbps full
 > > duplex.
 > >

 > Have you tried to set this using the 'mii-tool' utility?

Thanks for your answer! I tried ethtool but without success. The
mii-tool doesn't seem to be delivered with Suse 9.2 and I can't find
the sources right now on the net. Here what I tried with ethtool:

linux3:~ # ethtool  -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off
Cannot get current device settings: Operation not supported
  not setting speed
  not setting duplex
  not setting autoneg

linux3:~ # ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supports Wake-on: g
        Wake-on: d
        Link detected: yes

So unfortunately ethtool doesn't seem to work properly for me at the
moment.

Thanks again,
Andreas