Re: linux-2.6.9 eepro100 warning

To: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux-2.6.9 eepro100 warning
From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:54:38 +0200
Cc: Seiichi Nakashima <nakasima@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

  [ ... ]

> Note that eepro100 driver will be deleted soon.

  we have several systems where e100 produces netdev watchdog errors,
  while eepro100 works without problems.  I can understand the desire
  to migrate, but what timeframe are we looking at?  roughly
  translated, when do I _have_ to start help debugging the e100
  driver?  ;-)

  I can do another attempt at rolling out the e100 driver, see what
  breaks, and try to report it around 2.6.1[01] or something like that
  if that helps?

--
Terje