Re: NFS and Network Driver Question

To: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NFS and Network Driver Question
From: Bob Wirka <bobwirka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:47:11 -0500
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, you are correct; thank you.

So now I've got an embedded x86 system that boots from a (detachable) floppy drive to the root file system on my laptop host. Syslinux works very well for the boot disk function.

This system is very cool; it will be used to initialize new units in production, and for providing a platform for easy debugging of applications.

The lessons learned here will also be used on the embedded ARM projects.

Thanks again to all who have helped.

Best regards,

Bob Wirka
Realtime Control Works