Re: TX performance of Intel 82546

To: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TX performance of Intel 82546
From: Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:55:35 +0200
Cc: P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linux NICS <linux.nics@xxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:36:25PM +0200, Robert Olsson wrote:

>  Chip should be able to transfer 64 packets in single burst I don't now
>  how set/verify this.

maybe this is what the E1000_TCTL_PBE flag in TXCTL and E1000_TBT
register are for?

I tried switching TCTL_PBE on, and played with different values of TBT
(0,1,255,65535) - however, no improvement in pps rate.

Maybe someone form intel could comment on this?

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/