Re: Do you know about skb_header_pointer() ?

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Do you know about skb_header_pointer() ?
From: Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:55:21 +0200
Cc: yasuyuki.kozakai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, kaber@xxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kisza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, usagi-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 07:16:18AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:44:01 +0200
> Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I personally still like Yasuyuki's implementation[1] better,
>
> Thanks for letting me know about this after we agreed upon
> skb_header_pointer() (or somthing like it) at the networking
> conference _AND_ I did the full implementation for you Harald.

No offence meant, Dave :)  I am grateful that you did this work, please
don't get me wrong.

> Or did you just learn about Ysauyuki's work recently?

Yasuyiki's first implementation dates July 29th.
The one that I'm referring to was a patch from August 8th.

The netconf discussion predates any of this.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/