Re: [NAT-T] NON-IKE encapsulation

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [NAT-T] NON-IKE encapsulation
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:57:47 +1000
Cc: agruen@xxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:12:31AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:

> I now think it's trying to account for the udpdata32[] header area.
> But that's not 2 bytes, it's (2 * sizeof(u32)) or 8 bytes.

That's what I thought too, but that is already accounted by
x->props.header_len in init_state.

In any case, just increasing alen like that is wrong.  It needs to
do at least three other things:

1. Allocate memory for it in skb_cow_data.
2. Fill in those bytes with data so we don't leak information.
3. Teach get_max_size about it.

Andreas, can you please clarify for us as to what those two bytes
are for?

Cheers,
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>