Re: HostAP: alive or dead?

To: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HostAP: alive or dead?
From: Jouni Malinen <jkmaline@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 18:49:52 -0700
Cc: Netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 02:13:39PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I've been wanting to merge it, and starting working on the generic
> wireless layer, for a while now.

Yes, it is very much alive. However.. I'm sorry I haven't been able to
get enough time to work on finishing the cleanup I planned for 2.6
submission. Another IEEE 802.11 meeting and WPA2 testing took a lot of
time during last weeks. Anyway, it looks like I might not need to travel
anywhere during the following few weeks (well, at least I'm hoping ;-),
so I could try to concentrate on this now.

I'll try to get an initial submission for wireless-2.6 done over the
weekend so that something becomes available for reviewing. What would
be the best format for this? Would it be ok to send a patch against the
current linus-2.5 tree for the couple of modified files (Kconfig,
Makefile) and rest of the files in a separate tarball since they do not
exist in the current tree and are relatively large?