Re: 2.6.4-rc1 + hp100 EISA, not working

To: Marc Zyngier <mzyngier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.6.4-rc1 + hp100 EISA, not working
From: Pawel Sokolowski <falcon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:04:11 +0100 (CET)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. You writing:

>Pawel> I don't know if it's related to this problem but at earlier stage of
>Pawel> booting I'm getting following messages:
>Pawel> EISA: Probing bus 0 at eisa0
>Pawel> EISA: Mainboard HWPC061 detected.
>Pawel> EISA: slot 2 : HWP1940 detected (disabled).
>Pawel> EISA: Detected 1 card.
>Try passing 'eisa_bus.enable_dev=2' to your kernel parameters. Your
>card is tagged as unconfigured by BIOS, and thus is skipped by the
>probing logic. See Documentation/eisa.txt for details.

This machine has RAM BIOS booted from floppy. I ran it and EISA
configure utility to check this once more. Card is enabled and not
locked. I added eisa_bus.enable_dev=2 parameter but it didn't help much.
I'm getting:

EISA: Probing bus 0 at eisa0
EISA: Mainboard HWPC061 detected.
EISA: slot 2 : HWP1940 detected (forced enabled).
EISA: Detected 1 card.

I added this final entry you mailed but nothing changed. Still - module
loads and unloads cleanly and without any warnings on 2.6.4-rc1. But
does nothing - not a single line in logs/dmesg after it's loaded. Card
does not work after modprobe, I can't get interface up.

If you need more details or some config files, please, let me know.

--
  ,d$$$$$P.d$$b     d$P  ,gd$$$$$,gd$$$$g. ,$$$b._$$P               RLU #172534
  ggggggggggggg.   ggs  ,gg     ,gg    ,gg ggp,ggggg           Paweł Sokołowski