Re: Why is ifenslave.c in the kernel tree?

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, hch@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: Why is ifenslave.c in the kernel tree?
From: Xose Vazquez Perez <xose@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:21:49 +0100
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Christoph Hellwig wrote:

Just looking over the 2.6.3 diffs I see that ifenslave is actively
maintained in Documenation/ of the kernel tree.  Isn't that a _really_
odd place for a userland tool?  We have a policy of not having any
userland tools not used for building in the kernel tree, and especially
none of the distributors will pick it up from there.

The best place could be net-tools package.

But it looks like net-tools is sloppy, last change was done around Apr-2001 !!

--
x86-64 GenuineIntel