Re: Linux-2.6.3 : [eth0: Too much work at interrupt, status=0x00000001.]

To: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux-2.6.3 : [eth0: Too much work at interrupt, status=0x00000001.]
From: Andrew Walrond <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:01:58 +0000
Cc: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ____________ <yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 20 Feb 2004 7:34 pm, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> The driver needs to be converted to NAPI to sustain high network loads.
> The existing driver allocates and copies each receive packet in the
> interrupt routine.
>
> See the recent revision of 8139too to see what that entails.

Yes but...there were no high network loads. Just me typing into ssh.

STOP PRESS....FIX...

That may well be so, but I rebuilt the kernel with the optional MMIO on the
rhine driver, and the messages have disappeared.

I have also used wget to fetch a 100Mb file at an average 1.02Mb/s and it
worked flawlessly and still no warnings in dmesg.

Andrew Walrond