RE: e1000 close (NAPI)

To: "Feldman, Scott" <scott.feldman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: e1000 close (NAPI)
From: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:16:02 +0200
Cc: "Robert Olsson" <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jeff Garzik" <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Feldman, Scott writes:
 > > -  if(work_done < work_to_do) {
 > > +  if(work_done < work_to_do || !netif_running(netdev)) {
 > >            netif_rx_complete(netdev);
 > >            e1000_irq_enable(adapter);
 > >    }
 >
 > Is e1000 unique in this regard, or do the other NAPI-enabled drivers
 > have the same issue?

 Hello!

 Other drivers may have the same issue. This was spotted while stress-testing
 tulip. Patch was sent here some days ago. It's only seen if trying to close
 device under extreme loads. See the syncing code in dev_close()

 You may try the e100 as well. We update the docs when see that this is OK.

 Cheers.
                                                --ro