Re: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices

To: Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw@xxxxxxxxxx>, "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices
From: Dominik Kubla <dominik.kubla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:40:23 +0200
Cc: willy@xxxxxxxxx, alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, carlosev@xxxxxxxxxxxx, lamont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, davidsen@xxxxxxx, bloemsaa@xxxxxxxxx, marcelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, layes@xxxxxxxxx, torvalds@xxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Am Montag, 18. August 2003 14:34 schrieb Stephan von Krawczynski:

> David, this is the wrong way round. Others'/my question was not about the
> implementation and technical considerations leading to it (bottom up), but
> pure and simple (and top down): what is the _positive_ outcome of this
> implementation compared to others? We are always talking of setups that
> seem to be more complicated because of the current situation. So one would
> expect that there are advantages that make up the discussed disadvantages.
> And since I obviously don't have the knowledge to see them, I'd like to
> learn and therefore ask: what are the advantages on the _users_ side?

Very simple: no need for any IPMP crap on Linux. It just works.  And that puts
"answered" on all questions that were ever raised regarding that issue.

Regards,
  Dominik
--
ScioByte GmbH                     | ScioByte Information Technologies AG
Fritz-Erler-Strasse 6             | Innere Güterstrasse 4

GnuPG: 1024D/717F16BB A384 F5F1 F566 5716 5485  27EF 3B00 C007 717F 16BB