Re: network interface cards native vlans support in linux kernel?

To: Andrius Kasparavicius <andrius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: network interface cards native vlans support in linux kernel?
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:11:57 -0700
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrius Kasparavicius wrote:
on vanilla linux kernel, eepro doesn't work, and with 1496 mtu, 8139too
works with any mtu (and 1500).

which is recommended to use, e100 or eepro100?

As I mentioned, the e100 (intel's driver) is the one I recommend.

eepro100 does not seem to be updated in the kernel anymore, though if you go
figure
out how to install Becker's drivers, he may have it working with vlans
by now.

Ben

Andrius.