Re: Route cache performance under stress

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Route cache performance under stress
From: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:39:56 +0200
Cc: sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xerox@xxxxxxxxxx, hadi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx, kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
David S. Miller writes:

 > BTW, ignoring juno, Robert Olsson has some pktgen hacks that allow
 > that to generate new-dst-per-packet DoS like traffic.  It's much
 > more effective than Juno-z
 >
 > Robert could you should these guys your hacks to do that?

Sure.
What a discussion... Well I'm happy for the past lazy days.

I've include some references in the experiment from last week and it should
be interesting for people in this discussion.

Ranging from DoS attack to single destination flow. With full 123k routes.

http://robur.slu.se/Linux/net-development/experiments/router-flow-test.html

Your latest patch looks interesting... good thinking. Operations and tuning
would be simplier. Hope to have time for a test tomorrow. Testing is very
manual work still.

Cheers.

                                                --ro