Re: Route cache performance under stress

To: Florian Weimer <fw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Route cache performance under stress
From: Simon Kirby <sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 16:49:26 -0700
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:10:25PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Further parameters which could be tweaked is the kind of adjacency
> information (where to store the L2 information, whether to include the
> prefix length in the adjacency record etc.).

What is the problem with the current approach?  Does the overhead come
from having to iterate through the hashes for each prefix?

Simon-

[        Simon Kirby        ][        Network Operations        ]
[     sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     ][   NetNation Communications Inc.  ]
[  Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. ]