Re: off by one error in 3des cbc keying

To: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: off by one error in 3des cbc keying
From: bert hubert <ahu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:16:38 +0100
Cc: davem@xxxxxxxxxx, gem@xxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 04:55:57PM +0300, kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 1. udp.c: silly bug, local input policy did not work on udp sockets.
> 2. ah.c,esp.c: even sillier bug: 0 was used as  tunnels protocol. Funny
> enough,
>    it worked between linuxes. :-) By <gem@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks, will test tonight. Very very sadly, user mode linux does not compile
for me in 2.5.47 and furthermore does not appear to be aware of the crypto
subsystem.

I added this patch to the larc IPSEC pages.

> The problem with expiration remains unsolved. I still cannot reproduce this
> and cannot find a situation when kernel can create two larvals with one
> identity. :-( Searching.

Sure you saw that? I only saw the one larval in the output I sent you, with
everything set to zero. But perhaps I'm missing something. I'll have all my
computers together again tonight.

Regards,

bert

--