Re: NAPI-ized tulip patch against 2.4.20-rc1

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NAPI-ized tulip patch against 2.4.20-rc1
From: greear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:16:51 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Donald Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxx>, "'netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, jamal wrote:
> Trash the machines harder. Try using smaller packets;

They are already dropping packets, I thought I'd try to get a slower run
to work cleanly before trying something faster.  Precision is more
important to me than absolute throughput at this point.

Initial run with 256 sized rx-ring (and skb-recycle) shows better
performance (than with 1024 rx-ring)

Sent 6-mil packets (same setup as before), dropped 750 or so.  One NIC has
dropped 2000 in one direction and 1325 in the other though...

An over-night run with 1024 rx-ring passed 152mil packets, dropped 75k or
so.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>