Re: tulip NAPI patch that works with 2.4.20-pre9 or so?

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: tulip NAPI patch that works with 2.4.20-pre9 or so?
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:07:33 -0700
Cc: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
jamal wrote:

In addition to solve your skb problem pick Roberts latest
recycling patch at:
ftp://robur.slu.se/pub/Linux/net-development/skb_recycling/recycle12.pat
The driver i pointed to above has skb-recycling built in.

Robert, I am porting the existing tulip + your napi patch to support
skb-recycling.  (I realize someone has probably done that, but I
can't find it...Jamal's links are busted!)

In the help file, you suggest this at close:

        for (i=0; i<NR_CPUS; i++) {
                if(adapter->cnt[i]) {
                        current->state = TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE;
                        schedule_timeout(1);
                }
        }

I think the second if should probably be while, ie like this:

        for (i=0; i<NR_CPUS; i++) {
                while(adapter->cnt[i]) {
                        current->state = TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE;
                        schedule_timeout(1);
                }
        }

Otherwise, you race, and may delete an object that is still in use
somewhere up the stack.

Let me know if I'm nuts!

Thanks,
Ben