Signal interrupt with connect.

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Signal interrupt with connect.
From: Geoffrey Lee <glee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:42:35 +0800
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

A while ago, I have raised the issue of the interruptibility of
the connect() function.

We decided that a "restartable" connect() if interrupted by a signal
is the best solution.

I must apologize that I should have looked this up more carefully.

According to this document here (IEEE Std 1003.1-2001):

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/connect.html

"If connect() is interrupted by a signal that is caught while blocked
waiting to establish a connection, connect() shall fail and set errno to
[EINTR], but the connection request shall not be aborted, and the
connection shall be established asynchronously."

so we must return -EINTR in the kernel.

Alexey, will you finally agree that we need to change this? :-)

(Yes, that sucks ... but ...)

        -- G.