Re: raw ipv6 broken in 2.4.19

To: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: raw ipv6 broken in 2.4.19
From: Donald Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:15:47 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Martin Josefsson <gandalf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Actually, tulip is really different of another cards, this creature
> generates badly aligned packets. F.e. it is possible a checksumming routine
> folds some bytes beyond end of frame. :-) I have lots of verious tulips here,
> but have never seen such a shit. :-)

I'm not certain what you mean by this: there are many NIC chips that have
alignment requirements similar to the Tulip design.

Note that the Tulip is no more likely than other cards to trigger
motherboard PCI implementation bugs.  It's just that there are far more
NIC chip types supported by the Tulip driver than other drivers.

--
Donald Becker                           becker@xxxxxxxxx
Scyld Computing Corporation             http://www.scyld.com