[ANNOUNCE] NAPI patches for 2.4.19-rc1

To: Jason Lunz <lunz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] NAPI patches for 2.4.19-rc1
From: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:00:10 +0200
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx, greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, garzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jason Lunz writes:

 > I've backported the most recent napi sources I could find to 2.4.19-rc1.
 > The patches are available at http://orr.falooley.org/pub/linux/net/.

 Thanks!
 Yes but remember it's experimental branch and hopefully soon we can kill
 most of it...

 > Does anyone know of more recent NAPI conversions? Robert Olsson tells me
 > Jeff Garzik has a more recent tulip conversion, but there are _no_ napi
 > net drivers in 2.5.25 and I haven't found any others except for those
 > mentioned at the NAPI ftp site.

 Current tulip seems fine but it is complex. Eventually it will be  better
 if uses a simliar scheme as e1000 and tg3. Leaving all "interrupt work" to
 dev->poll. And yes it was forked off linux-2.4.2 so Jeffs later work is
 not included.

 The e1000 4.2.4 is well tested. But for 4.2.17 I more or less moved the path
 onto it.

 I've put a reference to your work in README

 Cheers.

                                                --ro