Re: addrconf.c - possible bug

To: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: addrconf.c - possible bug
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:57:37 +0100
Cc: Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx>, xs26-dev@xxxxxxxx, Jan Oravec <jan.oravec@xxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear diary, on Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 07:44:51PM CET, I got a letter,
where Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> Dear diary, on Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 06:08:26PM CET, I got a letter, where
> Pekka
> Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...

> > > First, sorry for the late reply.
> > >
> > > The problem is, that we don't do anything with loopback interface at all.
> > > Please ask us for any additional informations you need, we'll gladly
> > > provide you them.
> >
> > Perhaps zebra does.  You could try stracing the appropriate processes to see
> > whether they're doing something nasty; 'tcpdump -n -i lo' might also die if
> > loopback is taken down and back up.
>
> I started the tcpdump there, and we'll see. However, by looking into code, we
> found no possibility how would zebra want to mess with loopback.
>
> Also, we discovered that just taking down and back up any ONE interface will
> fix this for ALL other interfaces as well.

It failed again and tcpdump still runs happily. Again, taking one of the
interfaces down and back up (maybe it's worth mentioning that the machine acts
as XS26 PoP, thus it have about 270 interfaces just now up) fixed the problem
and the machine started to reply to neighbor solicitations again.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
.
Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.
.