EXPORT_SYMBOL()

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: EXPORT_SYMBOL()
From: Atif Syed <Atif.Syed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:45:22 +0100
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am writing a kernel module which do some function related to MobileIP. I
have taken the example from Linux IP Networking Guide

http://www.kernelnewbies.org/documents/ipnetworking/linuxipnetworking.html

I have exported this test_function (EXPORT_SYMBOL()) and declared it as
extern in file linux/net/netsym.c. I have chosen CONFIG_INET location in this
file. Because i am calling these function in the IP-layer.

I am sorry if my explanation doesnt sound so good. But question in general is
that how can i link this module(test.c+Makefile) in the kernel. I have done
it as it was explained in this guide.

After compiling i get this error:

net/network.o(__ksymtab+0x4e8): undefined reference to `test_function'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Thanks advance for help,

Atif Syed