Re: IPV6_HOPOPTS

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IPV6_HOPOPTS
From: Jürgen Nagler <juergen.nagler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:25:46 +0100
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 wrote:

> In article <3BEF7BD3.C6DAB8F8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (at Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:35:47
> +0100), root <insel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> says:
>
> > RFC2292 provides a way of accessing these options and to add new ones to
> > the ipv6-kernel-stack so there should be a way to get them out of the
> > kernel-space with somekind of advanced API, maybe I'am wrong???
>
> IPV6_HOPOPTS is only for source / destination nodes.
> We cannot use it at intermediate nodes.

RFC 1883                   IPv6 Specification              December 1995

4.3  Hop-by-Hop Options Header

   The Hop-by-Hop Options header is used to carry optional information
   that must be examined by every node along a packet's delivery path.
   The Hop-by-Hop Options header is identified by a Next Header value of
   0 in the IPv6 header, and has the following format:

Regards,

Jürgen