Re: IPTOS_LOWDELAY in netinet/ip.h is incorrect??

To: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IPTOS_LOWDELAY in netinet/ip.h is incorrect??
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:29:02 -0700
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andi Kleen wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 08:43:52AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> > Also, from doing a google search on setsockopt and IP_TOS, I was able
> > to find exactly zero pieces of source code that do this, so I may be
> > the first one to every try it :)
>
> A search for IP_TOS on http://www.codecatalog.com will give you 54hits,
> and it is missing a lot of stuff. For example sshd has a long standing
> bug where it enables high priority TOS when $DISPLAY is set, which causes
> rsync over ssh to kill your lines badly when run from X.

Ahh, found an example in the mysql code:

http://www.codecatalog.com/showFile.html?project=mysql&version=3.23.21-beta&fileid=193180&startline=264&endline=284&line=274

They use an integer instead of a byte and no htonl, so my code should
be close to correct (or broken in the same manner, at least!)...

Thanks for the search site...

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          <Ben_Greear@xxxxxxxxxx>