Re: NEWBEE "reverse ioctl" or someting like

To: sébastien person <sebastien.person@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NEWBEE "reverse ioctl" or someting like
From: volodya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:54:59 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: liste noyau linux <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, liste dev network device <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
a) just make your management app periodically issue
  ioctl(fd, GET_CONFIG_INFO, ...)
and make the driver return -1 when the info is not present

b) make a new device and open it with management app

c) make a new node in /proc and open it with management app
  (cons: requires /proc to be mounted)

d) kernel-user netlink socket (never tried myself)

                     Vladimir Dergachev