Re: [patch] NE2000

To: Paul Gortmaker <p_gortmaker@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch] NE2000
From: Donald Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 03:23:38 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Paul Gortmaker wrote:

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > Paul Gortmaker wrote:
> > > There is no urgency in trying to squeeze a patch like this in the back
> > > door of a 2.4.0 release.  For example, there are people out there now
> > > who are using the ne.c driver to run both ISA and PCI cards in the same
> > > box without having to use 2 different drivers.  We can wait until 2.5.0
> > > to break their .config file.
> >
> > IMNSHO this is a bug, though...
..
> If you want to roll it into the merge (and can get it past Linus) then
> please feel free to do so - I'll be glad to cross it off my list sooner
> as opposed to later.

If the ne* drivers are going to be updated, you might want to add in the
full-duplex support of the latest ne2k-pci.c driver at
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/ne2k-pci.c

Donald Becker                           becker@xxxxxxxxx
Scyld Computing Corporation             http://www.scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210               Second Generation Beowulf Clusters
Annapolis MD 21403                      410-990-9993