Giving priority to messages

To: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Giving priority to messages
From: Ramón Agüero <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:29:54 +0200
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Hi all,

    I'm working within an application which creates packets and sends them. To accomplish this I use the dev_queue_xmit function. At a fist stage, everything runs OK, but I would like also to give priority to these messages, in relation with other messages that the machine creates, so that they don't have to wait.

    I would be pleased if you could tell me how to assign this priority. I'm working with 2.2.14 kernel.

    Best regards.

    Ramón

PD.- Please I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list in response to my posting