Re: netfilter NAT vs. pump

To: Werner Almesberger <almesber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: netfilter NAT vs. pump
From: Andrew Morton <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:45:01 +0000
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Harm Verhagen <h.verhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Werner Almesberger wrote:

> I've come across a rather nasty problem: if I configure my 2.4.0test1*
> kernel without "Full NAT", DHCP works as expected. If I add NAT support,
> DHCP fails miserably. Here are the gory details:

Werner,

Harm Verhagen is running dhcpd and pump on a single gateway machine
(cable modem, I think).  Since upgrading from 2.2 he has been unable to
obtain a DHCP lease from the modem (eth0) when the internal interface
(eth1) is up.

I forwarded your patch along and it fixed the problem.  He's using
pump-0.7.9-1.

Harm can provide more details if required.