Re: netfilter NAT vs. pump

To: almesber@xxxxxxxxxxx (Werner Almesberger)
Subject: Re: netfilter NAT vs. pump
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:51:55 +0400 (MSK DST)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

> - BEFORE the re-routing, the interface is eth1, as expected, destination
>   IP is 255.255.255.255 (okay), and source IP is 10.0.0.1 (not nice, but
>   probably doesn't really matter to DHCP)

Of course, packets with zero address cannot be sent out.
If udp source is zero, it means only that kernel should select
some valid address itself.

>  - pump doesn't explicitly set the interface (it binds to { 0.0.0.0,68}),
>    but eth1 gets picked for some lucky reason anyway

Apparently, the interface is selected to eth1 because of another bug.
I think, pump crapped routing tables as well. It is rather "unlucky reason". 8)

Probably, this client looks like working on single interface machine
but only for (un)lucky reason. 8)

Alexey