Re: 802.1q Was (Re: Plans for 2.5 / 2.6 ???

To: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 802.1q Was (Re: Plans for 2.5 / 2.6 ???
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:58:26 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andrey Savochkin <saw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rob@xxxxxxxxxxx, buytenh@xxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, gleb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Ben Greear wrote:

> At this point, I don't think anyone is going to be changing their opinions
> on the way things should be done.  Please feel free to take either of the
> VLAN patches already written and write your own using your ideas.  When
> you have working code to show, then we may be in a better position to
> evaluate your ideas.

Indeed i'll take you up on this, RSN.  Thats one of the beauties of open
source.

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Gleb Natapov wrote:

jamal> Did i miss anything?
jamal>
Gleb> Yes. If you are going to implement VLANs as you've just described
Gleb> you will have to change each L3 protocol implementation
Gleb> to support VLANs.

Gleb, I am afraid i didnt understand you. You mean broken programs like
DHCP?

cheers,
jamal