Re: MIPL Mobile IPv6 for Linux

To: Lars Henrik Petander <lpetande@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIPL Mobile IPv6 for Linux
From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:29:53 -0400
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 02:13:21PM +0300, Lars Henrik Petander wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We have implemented Mobile IPv6 as a kernel module for the Linux kernel
> version 2.4.0-test1. Since the code includes implementation of the
> mobility related destination options it is probably of some interest to
> this list.
>
> The release 0.50 of MIPL is an alpha prototype, but it implements most of
> the functionality of the IETF draft version 12 of mobility support for
> IPv6, including route optimization. However authentication of the binding
> updates and acknowledgements is still missing. Once Free/SWAN completes
> porting their IPSec implementation to IPv6, we will add support for
> authentication.

Have you looked at FreeS/WAN yet?  I just wondered how well it fits in
at the moment with your structure, given that it still only does IPv4.

With recent (1.3 and 1.4) we now have support for road warriors using
RSA keys.

We have someone in Germany (who will be at OLS, yay!
www.ottawalinuxsymposium.com) who is very eager to port FreeS/WAN to
IPv6 and has already started by porting most of the keying daemon
(pluto) and library code to IPv6.  STill to tackle is KLIPS, the
kernel code, for which I am responsible.

There will be at least 6 FreeS/WAN people at OLS, so if you are there,
we can discuss some of this in person.

> The release consists of a kernel module, some patches to the IPv6
> module and configuration and installation tools. The release,
> source code and more information are available from:
>
> http://vesper.tky.hut.fi/mip

Thanks for your announcement!

> Henrik Petander,
> MIPL project

        slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs -- PGP key available            Auto-Free Ottawa! Canada
<www.conscoop.ottawa.on.ca/rgb/>                       <www.flora.org/afo/>