MIPL Mobile IPv6 for Linux

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: MIPL Mobile IPv6 for Linux
From: Lars Henrik Petander <lpetande@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:13:21 +0300 (EET DST)
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

We have implemented Mobile IPv6 as a kernel module for the Linux kernel
version 2.4.0-test1. Since the code includes implementation of the
mobility related destination options it is probably of some interest to
this list.

The release 0.50 of MIPL is an alpha prototype, but it implements most of
the functionality of the IETF draft version 12 of mobility support for
IPv6, including route optimization. However authentication of the binding
updates and acknowledgements is still missing. Once Free/SWAN completes
porting their IPSec implementation to IPv6, we will add support for
authentication.

The release consists of a kernel module, some patches to the IPv6
module and configuration and installation tools. The release,
source code and more information are available from:

http://vesper.tky.hut.fi/mip

Henrik Petander,
MIPL project