Re: 802.1q Was (Re: Plans for 2.5 / 2.6 ???

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 802.1q Was (Re: Plans for 2.5 / 2.6 ???
From: Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 05:53:44 -0700
Cc: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rob@xxxxxxxxxxx, buytenh@xxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, gleb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Indeed the routing slow path is affected and i would think this is very
> critical.

Could someone enumerate the EXACT conditions this occurs (IP using
inet_select_addr to linearly go through each device looking for
ok link-scope routes rather than using the normal routing table)
Remember that inet_select_addr() will only do the search of all
devices if it didn't find a matchin in the specified device's ifa.
I suspect this is a rare occurance, but I could be wrong I guess.

-Mitch