Re: RFC: PPP over X

To: Mark Spencer <markster@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RFC: PPP over X
From: Henner Eisen <eis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Feb 2000 20:36:15 +0100
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

    Mark> p.s.  Would you like me to setup a mailing list for this?
    Mark> I've got majordomo and it wouldn't take me but a few minutes
    Mark> to do so.

I'd prefer to keep the discussion on this list. ppp-over-X design
is strongly related to the linux network design. And that's
exactly what netdev is for.

It's also very important (you know, the peer review issue)
that linux network experts can observe the
discussion even if they (currently) don't participate.

Although there is sufficient documentation availabe which allows
for writing a standard (e.g. ethernet) network driver, there is
almost no documentation of the linux network core.
Experience shows that there are several traps where people step in when
trying to program stuff not addressed by the network driver documentation.

Henner