[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FAM not notifying of non-local changes on NFS files
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: FAM not notifying of non-local changes on NFS files
- From: Ken Tanzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:55:58 -0700
- Organization: Downtown Emergency Service Center
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826
We're trying to use FAM to monitor files on a directory that is mounted
This works fine when a file is modified via the local machine on which
running. When the file is changed from the server that is exporting NFS,
however, FAM does not detect this, and does nothing.
I have tried this two ways: At first, we had a FAM server running on
server (as well as on our client). When that didn't work, we disabled
server on the NFS server, so that only the client has a FAM server
I understand it, it should do polling in this case.
I've checked all the config files & options and everything seems to be OK.
We're invoking FAM with "/usr/bin/fam -t 6 -T 0". The -t 6 should be the
default, but I tried it anyway. I've tried it with -C, and that doesn't
any difference. I also ran with the "-d" option to see debugging
nothing is generated when the file is changed remotely.
Both client and server are RedHat 8.0 machines. Does anyone know what the
problem could be, or can offer any suggestions? Thanks.
Information Services Manager
Downtown Emergency Service Center