fam with DNotify and glibc 2.3.1 requires -lrt -lpthread

Hi,

FYI: after having problems trying to run the fam daemon on our
glibc-2.3.1-based Linux system, I found that the fam daemon (with
DNotify patch) must be linked against librt and libpthread.  Failure to
do so results in lots of *** overflow sigqueue *** messages when fam is
run in debug mode.

This is because the DNotify patch uses SIGRTMIN, which is #defined in
glibc-2.3.1's <bits/signum.h> as __libc_current_sigrtmin();
__libc_current_sigrtmin() returns -1 unless linked against librt and
libpthread.

The fix is to add '-lrt -lpthread' to the fam_LDADD line in the
(DNotify-patched) fam-2.6.9/fam/Makefile.am, and re-run automake.

Perhaps a note on one the fam web pages would be appropriate.

Regards,

- Wil
Wil Evers, DOOSYS R&D, Utrecht, Holland