This is an initial list only. It will be discussed on the Mailing
list. We are actively looking for people to own certain pieces.
- Test scalability to 8 nodes and beyond
- Testing with large number of resources and resource groups
- Support for volume managers
- Support for network mirroring
- Testing shared SCSI solutions
- Testing storage area network solutions
- Supporting for reset devices using STONITH
- Configuration database based on MySQL or some other database
- Common heartbeat service that can be used by configuration database daemon (cdbd) and cluster membership (ha_cmsd)
- Better I/O fencing mechanism (GRITS API from Oracle)
- Developing 64bit version of FailSafe for 64bit platforms API
- Develop application (FailSafe resource type) API
- Develop cluster API (Group communication services layer interface)
- Support for full FailSafe API bindings for Perl, python and TCL.
Integration with other technologies
- Integration with IPVS to provide load balancing solution
- Integration with monitoring tools such as 'mon'
- SNMP support
- Integration with DLM using cluster API
- Integration with cluster filesystems (GFS, CXFS)
- Testing FailSafe on non-i386 platforms (alpha, ultraSparc, IA64)
- Encryption and authentication of cluster messages
- Geographic clustering and failover.
- Provide interim status of long running tasks
- Improve error messages and logging mechanisms
- Develop GUI plugin model for resource types
- Develop GUI plugin model for reset mechanisms
- Better cluster_mgr scripting
- Contribute to FailSafe administration manual
- Contribute to FailSafe programmers manual
- Develop FailSafe developers manual