SGI FREE SOFTWARE LICENSE B (Version 1.0 [1/25/2000])
2. License Grant and Restrictions.
4. Termination. This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically if Recipient breaches any term herein and fails to cure such breach within 30 days thereof. Any sublicense to the Covered Code that is properly granted shall survive any termination of this License, absent termination by the terms of such sublicense. Provisions that, by their nature, must remain in effect beyond the termination of this License, shall survive.
5. No Trademark Or Other Rights. This License does not grant any rights to: (i) any software apart from the Covered Code, nor shall any other rights or licenses not expressly granted hereunder arise by implication, estoppel or otherwise with respect to the Covered Code; (ii) any trade name, trademark or service mark whatsoever, including without limitation any related right for purposes of endorsement or promotion of products derived from the Covered Code, without prior written permission of SGI; or (iii) any title to or ownership of the Original Code, which shall at all times remains with SGI. All rights in the Original Code not expressly granted under this License are reserved.
6. Compliance with Laws; Non-Infringement. Recipient hereby assures that it shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and executive orders, in connection with any and all dispositions of Covered Code, including but not limited to, all export, re-export, and import control laws, regulations, and executive orders, of the U.S. government and other countries. Recipient may not distribute Covered Code that (i) in any way infringes (directly or contributorily) the rights (including patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any kind) of any other person or entity or (ii) breaches any representation or warranty, express, implied or statutory, to which, under any applicable law, it might be deemed to have been subject.
7. Claims of Infringement. If Recipient learns of any third party claim that any disposition of Covered Code and/or functionality wholly or partially infringes the third party's intellectual property rights, Recipient will promptly notify SGI of such claim.
8. Versions of the License. SGI may publish revised and/or new versions of the License from time to time, each with a distinguishing version number. Once Covered Code has been published under a particular version of the License, Recipient may, for the duration of the license, continue to use it under the terms of that version, or choose to use such Covered Code under the terms of any subsequent version published by SGI. Subject to the provisions of Sections 3 and 4 of this License, only SGI may modify the terms applicable to Covered Code created under this License.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. COVERED CODE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SGI ASSUMES NO RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, SGI ASSUMES NO COST OR LIABILITY FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY COVERED CODE IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT SUBJECT TO THIS DISCLAIMER.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES NOR LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL SGI OR ANY SGI LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, LOSS OF DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM SGI's NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THAT EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO RECIPIENT.
11. Indemnity. Recipient shall be solely responsible for damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of its utilization of rights under this License. Recipient will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Silicon Graphics, Inc. from and against any loss, liability, damages, costs or expenses (including the payment of reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of Recipient's use, modification, reproduction and distribution of the Covered Code or out of any representation or warranty made by Recipient.
12. U.S. Government End Users. The Covered Code is a "commercial item" consisting of "commercial computer software" as such terms are defined in title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations and all U.S. Government End Users acquire only the rights set forth in this License and are subject to the terms of this License.
13. Miscellaneous. This License represents the complete agreement concerning the its subject matter. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed so as to achieve as nearly as possible the same legal and economic effect as the original provision and the remainder of this License will remain in effect. This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents. Any litigation relating to this License shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Courts of the Northern District of California (or, absent subject matter jurisdiction in such courts, the courts of the State of California), with venue lying exclusively in Santa Clara County, California, with the losing party responsible for costs, including without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorneys fees and expenses. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any law or regulation which provides that the language of a contract shall be construed against the drafter shall not apply to this License.
License Applicability. Except to the extent portions of this file are made subject to an alternative license as permitted in the SGI Free Software License B, Version 1.0 (the "License"), the contents of this file are subject only to the provisions of the License. You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at Silicon Graphics, Inc., attn: Legal Services, 1600 Ampitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, or at:
Note that, as provided in the License, the Software is distributed on an "AS IS" basis, with ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Original Code. The Original Code is: [name of software, version number, and release date], developed by Silicon Graphics, Inc. The Original Code is Copyright (c) [dates of first publication, as appearing in the Notice in the Original Code] Silicon Graphics, Inc. Copyright in any portions created by third parties is as indicated elsewhere herein. All Rights Reserved.
Additional Notice Provisions: [such additional provisions, if any, as appear in the Notice in the Original Code under the heading "Additional Notice Provisions"]