New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com

Niv Sardi xaiki at sgi.com
Thu Dec 4 21:29:38 CST 2008

Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead.org> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 04:41:29PM +1100, Timothy Shimmin wrote:
>
>> I was just thinking that if an external developer is working on a clone of
>> say the master branch and they have a fix, that they might post a patch
>> and say where sgi can pull from (the developer's tree) to receive the patch(es)
>> as an easier way to bring stuff in.
>
> So do you want git trees or not now?  I spent quite some time to set up
> a tree for my last set of patches, but what got in was slightly
> different, so when I pulles I got a merge and duplicates in my tree and
> had to git-reset to a point before my patches.  If you do apply from
> the list anyway I can avoid that overhead.

I believe that if you don't work in git, and prefer to send patches (as
long as git-am likes them) it's not harder for us to merge things (We
can't pull because we want to add a signed-off-by anyway). If you do use
git, publishing your tree makes it a bit easier to track your work, and
our delta. but that is in no way mandatory.

Cheers,
--
Niv Sardi