[pcp] [pcp-announce] New PCP packages released
nscott at aconex.com
Fri Sep 4 16:58:46 CDT 2009
New versions of all the major components of PCP have been released.
See the usual location described on http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, and especially
to Petter Reinholdtsen (first patch) and Max Matveev for picking up
the Solaris port (packaging, ZFS and other kernel stats).
Here's the highlights of this release...
- Fix a long-standing pmval sample count miscalculation.
- Add missing runlevels and dependencies in start scripts.
- Fix a segv observed in the Windows PMDA accessing SQL Server metrics.
- Fix logic error causing wrong Windows version to be reported sometimes.
- Add kernel.all.uptime to the Windows kernel agent.
- Initial version of the (perl-based) Samba PMDA.
- Fixes to pmdasimple.pl so it functions correctly on all platforms.
- Add PCP::PMDA helper routines for determining native long sizes.
- Extend MMV to allow teardown of MMV file, and set errno on failure.
- Initial stable (1.00) version of MMV Perl interface.
- Correct the metric units for several Windows per-process memory metrics.
- Add network metrics to Solaris PMDA
- Report ZFS statistics from Solaris PMDA
- Export zpool stats from Solaris PMDA
- Generate packages for Solaris
- Allow user to choose her compiler (proper use of AC_PROG_CC)
- Fix problem with latest autoconf handling of AC_CONF_LEX.
- Fix uninit'd variable causing spurious non-rate-conversion.
- Source tarball no longer includes generated sources (resolve srpm builds).
- Upgrade to pcp-0.9.1
- Upgrade to pcp-gui-1.4.5
- Upgrade Coin3D libraries for pmview development (ongoing).
pcp-announce mailing list
pcp-announce at oss.sgi.com
More information about the pcp