Failed to enter KDB on terminal program via key sequence "Ctrl-A"

Jim Houston jim.houston at
Tue Nov 2 18:37:19 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 21:14, Chen, Yukun wrote:
> Keith
> 	I use SLES9 SP1. I have tried the method u mentioned
> but it still dose not work. I think it might be a bug of suse
> distribution and I will report them it.
> 	Thanx a lot for your help:)
> Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Unless something has changed, the serial port has to be open
for it to have the interrupt enabled and this is necessary to
notice the Ctrl-A or other magic kdb string.  I don't think
kdb does anything to force the serial port to be opened.

Enabling a login on the serial port might make the difference.

Jim Houston - Concurrent Computer Corp.

Use to modify your settings or to unsubscribe.